Looking for a ministry internship this summer?
Downtown ministries has a tremendous internship opportunity for you this summer. $2,000 stipend, housing & meals provided! we will be hiring at least 6 interns.
Fresh grounds coffeehouse will be our base of operations. from there we will go to the west-side neighborhood to work with children and families each day through a day camp, special events, picnics, and more. the neighbor to neighbor ministry started in the summer of 2016 and has since had two successful and phenomenal programs. maybe you would like to be a part of what god is doing in the lives of these children and their families.
Email Bob Good if you would like an application, or more information. Apply Now! We are scheduling interviews.
PROGRAM STAFF INTERNSHIP POSITION
The purpose of this program is to promote youth and community development by way of relational ministry and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Interns will have a number of responsibilities pertaining to the preparation and implementation of an 8-week, Christ-centered, summer day camp program. Interns will develop content for the day camp program, which involves working with children in grades 1-6. They will serve as teachers/counselors during day camp, spending time with specific groups of children each day and throughout the summer. This position also requires that individuals conduct weekly visitations with parents/guardians of the children in the program, and that they pursue intentional relationships with families in the community. Interns must incorporate junior staff members into their weekly activities, and will report to the on-site program directors.
- Provide a stable, fun, caring, learning environment for the program
- Canvas neighborhood with information regarding the program
- Plan and teach lessons for children in assigned age group (Lessons will include subjects like Bible teaching and developmental assets)
- Lead and participate in games and activities
- Enforce established behavioral expectations and discipline procedures
- Work individually with children who require special attention or who have special needs
- Adhere to regimented daily schedule
- Supervise children on field trips at locations outside of day camp
- Collaborate with a partner to plan lessons and lead a particular age group
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of tents, tables, chairs, and other elements of the day camp site
- Present information and program details to sponsors and members of the community
- Conduct weekly home visitations with families involved in the program
- Actively engage in prayer meetings and Bible studies with staff members
- Build relationships with kids and parents who are involved in the program
- Live in community with other interns and directors
- Growing personal commitment to Jesus Christ, the body of Christ, and God’s work in the world.
- Ability to work effectively with youth, exhibiting creativity, understanding and patience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances (CY113)
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Checks for Employment (SP4-164)
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks
Full-time (40+ hours/week), 12 weeks, summer assignment. Anticipated dates are May 28, 2018 through August 8, 2018. This includes two weeks of training, 8 weeks of day camp, and approx. 3 days of debrief.
$2000 stipend, and housing and meals will be provided. Internship credit may also be offered upon approval from your academic institution. If an individual does not have clearances, the required clearance fees will be paid for by Neighbor to Neighbor.